From Nougat to Oreo, Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) has a lot of exciting features to dish out with their new Android software!
To all of you Pixel, Pixel XL, Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, and Pixel C users, expect to receive these Oreo treats soon!
Here is a list of new features and improvements you’ll enjoy from Google’s latest Android 8.0 Oreo:
- Picture-in-Picture Functionality. This means you can watch videos on a small screen while working with other apps. Other apps can also place themselves in picture-in-picture mode. What’s fun about it? Of course, it means that you get to enjoy your favorite flick while writing emails or finishing up some tasks on your device. What could be an even better way to inspire your spirit!
- Channelized Notifications with Snooze. Now, persistent notifications need not bug you anymore! Google is grouping notifications into channels, which provide users with better control over app notifications.
Google says, “Users can block or change the behavior of each channel individually, rather than managing all of the apps’ notifications together.”
Very convenient, don’t you think?
Moreover, you can now snooze individual notifications. You can select snoozing time for notifications, whether you want 15 minutes, 30 minutes, or 1 hour.
There’s also another feature that’s been added to this aspect: notification dots. These dots are indicators on your home screen app icons which inform you if you’ve got any waiting notifications.
- Greater Protection from Malicious Apps or Malwares. You can now also get rid of this major headache. Google Play Protect provides better security for you and your phone through the following:
- Runs a safety check on apps from the Google Play Store before you start downloading them.
- Checks your device for potentially harmful apps or malwares from other sources.
- Gives you a warning about any potentially harmful apps it’s been able to detect and gets rid of them from your smartphone.
- Longer battery life. Google has also opted to increase the automatic limits on what apps can do in the background. These background limits apply to several key areas like broadcasts, location updates, and background services. This Oreo system enables your battery to last a lot longer.
- Have fun with new emoji! With every new version of Android, we can look forward to a set of new emojis. This time, Google has redesigned the whole emoji icons without the blobs. Our favorites are still there, but with new emoji companions like a fairy, a wizard, a dinosaur, and a head that surprisingly explodes when you get informed about the delay on your Oreo update. Queer and funny!
- Wonderful Camera App Improvements. Zooming is easier, just double-tap on the screen to zoom in 50 per cent and double-tap again to zoom out. There’s no more need to swipe, as well, when you want to switch between photo and video modes, all you need to do is tap on the icons.
- Easy data synchronization among all your devices. Android Ores has a new Autofill feature to provide you with more convenience. According to Google, “Android users already depend on a range of password managers to auto-fill login details and repetitive information, which makes setting up new apps or placing transactions easier. Now we’re making this work more easily available across the ecosystem by adding platform support for auto-fill.”
- Better keyboard navigation. With the coming of the Play Store on the Google Chrome OS, users can easily navigate to apps using a physical keyboard.
- Enhanced Audio. Sony’s LDAC codec is another additional feature in Android Oreo. It will be an improvement upon Bluetooth A2DP protocol. Moreover, AAudio has been designed for apps that require high-performance, low-latency audio.
These are just some of the Android Oreo treats you’ll get, you’ll surely discover more when you got the updates! Explore and enjoy!
Disclaimer: This page contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, we may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!