If you are looking for a Windows 8 powered tablet Surface 2, now is a good time to buy as the Microsoft (MSFT) Store is offering $100 off on all variants of the device.
The entry level 32GB model, which runs Windows RT 8.1 and comes pre-installed with Microsoft Office 2013 RT, now costs $349 whereas 64GB model costs $449. The thin, light, and optically bonded ClearType HD display tablet houses the NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor, making it one of the fastest tablets on the market. Below we’ve listed some more S2 tech specs.
- NVIDIA Tegra 4, Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n), Bluetooth 4.0 Low, 2Gb System Memory, 32GB Hard Drive
- 10.6″ High-definition widescreen 5-point multitouch with ClearType technology (1920 x 1080)
- Front Facing 2.5MP camera, Rear Facing 5.0MP Camera
- SD Card Slot, 1 x USB 3.0, HDMI Output, Windows RT 8.1, Touchscreen, Internal Speakers
- 1 Year Limited Manufacturer’s Warranty
- LTE Compatibility/4G LTE available option
The reason why Microsoft has marked down the price of the Surface 2, it could be due to poor sales of the tablet, or the software giant is looking to take advantage of the back-to-school shopping season. Either way, at $349 entry price the device seems like a good deal.
To purchase the S2 32GB and 64GB models head to the online Microsoft Store here.