Here is a list of this morning’s top companies upgrades, downgrades, and initiations by brokerage firms.
- AFLAC (AFL) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Citigroup
- Akamai Technologies (AKAM) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Citigroup; price target $44 from $32
- Baidu (BIDU) target raised to $1000 from $728 at Susquehanna
- Barrick Gold (ABX) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Jefferies; price target $52 from $45
- First Solar (FSLR) upgraded to Outperform from Neutral at Robert W. Baird & Co.; price target $160 from $120
- First Solar (FSLR) upgraded to Buy from Hold at Deutsche Bank
- Manitowoc (MTW) upgraded to Neutral from Underweight at JP Morgan
- Sprint Nextel (S) upgraded to Outperform from Perform at RBC Capital Markets; price target $6 from $4
- Equifax (EFX) downgraded to Neutral from Outperform at Baird
- ManTech (MANT) downgraded to Hold from Buy at C.K. Cooper & Co.
- Vanda Pharmaceuticals (VNDA) downgraded to Reduce from Buy at Madison Williams
- Avanir Pharmaceuticals (AVNR) initiated with an Outperform at Wedbush; price target $9
- Celgene (CELG) resumed with an Outperform from Neutral at Wedbush; price target $73