Affiliation: ECB and CEPR
Philipp Hartmann is Head of the Financial Research Division of the European Central Bank (ECB) and a CEPR Research Fellow. He is also the Vice President of SUERF and a member of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision Research Task Force. His previous positions include that of Research Fellow for Financial Regulation at the London School of Economics.
Mr Hartmann’s work is on a wide range of issues in financial and international monetary economics. He has authored or co-edited several books in these fields and published numerous articles in academic journals. His policy work has been published in many official reports and discussed in fora including the ECOFIN Council, the ECB Governing Council, the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision, and the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe.
In 2002 Mr Hartmann was awarded the first CEPR/European Summer Institute Prize for the best central bank research paper. He holds a Doctorat en Sciences Economiques from the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales in Paris.
Philipp Hartmann's Latest Articles | 1
The financial crisis has exposed serious weaknesses in risk measurement and management practices. This column argues for both market practitioners and their supervisors... Read »
- A Subtle View of Labor Market Improvement
- A Look at SPY Technical Levels
- Stock Options Watch: HD, IMAX, DOV
- Bernanke Saves the Day
- Cost-Shifting’s Biggest Victims: Why You Can’t Afford to Be Uninsured
- Stocks: The Trend is Up, A Pullback is Brewing
- All Eyes Should Be On Big Energy – XOM, DVN, BP, SU
- Madoff Claims Some of His Clients Were Aware of the Fraud as Far Back as 1987
- Goldman (GS) Committed to China – Blankfein
- The Challenges for Iran’s Next President